Princess of Darkness

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Omen 666

This morning was so freaking cold...I really didn't want to go to COSC lab at 9a.m. but i had to get my work checked so..I pretty much had no choice.
As you can see, the titile is Omen 666 and yes I already watched it. It was okay I guess, yet it could have been better. I personally haven't seen the origianl version of the Omen but I watched the tv program about 'the omen legacy' last week which they were talking about the sequel of the Omen movies back in 1976. I have to admit that this version is almost exactly the same as the old one. Of course, the story line has to be exactly the same but what I meant 'the same' is in terms of the scenes, actions and dialogues. The only difference in this 2006 version is 'better graphic' and they have more technologies i.e. cellphones and nicer cars. The boy who plays as Damien (antichrist), gosh he looks really stupid. He doesn't have a 'creepy quality' like the original Damien back in 1976. If I was the director, I'd rather use those life-size soft toys to play as Damien (cutting the cost as well....good thinking). I'm not saying that this movie is a waste of time but it's not really worth it. It's okay if you want to watch it but I recommend you to wait until the dvd comes out so you can watch with your mates and after the film you and your mates can trash about that stupid looking boy. Before my friend and I went to see the film, we overheard some gal was talking to her friends around the candy bar area, she said 'oh my gosh..my brother told me that this movie is real good and the most important..it's so scary. He watched it before (1976 version)". So my friend and I were like....wicked cuz it's something we both really need after a long suffering with stupid movies in a past few months. Anyhow, after the film we looked at each other and first thing that popped out of my mouth was 'which part was scary???' and my friend replied me 'I was going to ask you the same thing'.
I can't really put a conclusion now that 1976 version is better than 2006 version until I get to see the whole entire film of the original Omen. I don't want to put a high hope about it though..or else I have to hunt that girl's brother down and ask him 'which part is scary?'.
The only cool part about this movie is the movie ticket. I never seen a movie ticket contains so many number '6'. It'd be awesome if I could get E6 for my seat.
That's all for now... I'm gonna have a long day tomorrow oh well it will be over soon for term2 but darn...exams are coming real soon (I have two exams..sucks).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home