Princess of Darkness

Monday, September 21, 2009

Choco-coconut brownies

I was so bored after having a very simple dinner (fried egg and chicken soup) and since in the next three days I won't be baking but pulling sugar and assembling pastillage I might as well use this opportunity of such a quiet Sunday night on baking. I was clearing my pantry and found that I still have an unopened moist flakes coconut that I bought ages ago and there are 2 recipes at the back, one is choco-coconut brownies and another one is white chocolate citrus truffles. I love to do the latter recipe, unfortunately i just ran out of lime and lemon so I only left with one choice. Nevertheless, the result was very satisfying and I wish for nothing more :)

* Thanks to McKenzie's moist flakes coconut for the recipe, yet I've altered it for softer brownies.

Ingredients:
1 cup moist flakes coconut
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
*Optional - 1/4 cup pistachio nuts, roughly chopped

Method

1. Heat oven to 185 degree celsius
2. Grease and paper line a slice tin
3. Creaming butter, sugar and vanilla essence then add eggs.
4. Sifted flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Mix well with butter mixtures
5. Add 3/4 cup of coconut flakes (an optional 1/4 cup pistachio). Mix together well.
6. Spread the mixture evenly over base of tin and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of coconut flakes over top.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes (could be less) or until brownies begin to pull away from side of tin and moist in the middle.
8. Cool completely in pan. Cut into squares

Serving: 16



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home