Princess of Darkness

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Five days in Kuching

Before I go into details of the trip I need to mention that I personally don't have anything against Air Asia Airlines in particular it's just that if you ever want to fly to Malaysia and money is not a big concern to you...please try to avoid using this airline. One might ask why did I even chose to fly with air asia when money is not really a big issue and when a lot of friends warned me about it. My answer is that, I wanted to prove whether this accusation is true or not by putting myself in examining. Also, I'm a big believer that people should not judge anything until they try it. As a result, I truly regret for using this airlines. Okay I agree that I can't be so fussy about the low-cost airlines but seriously at least have some class you know. This airline has the ability to make the passengers feel like they're on a bus not on a plane. There is no need to mention about services on board because there are none! My flight from Bangkok to KL was the most horrible one out of all. You could call me a novice for this whole situation if you want, but seriously how cheap can one be. There were a few people screamed when a plane landed on KL runway due to the inexperience pilot (I could reassure you that there was nothing wrong with the weather conditions on that day). It was horrifying, especially when you were sitting at the back of the plane. I need to be quite specific on this matter, this flight was operated by Thai Air Asia and the staffs on board on that particular flight were awful. First of all, they were talking behind passenger's back and they were talking loudly instead of providing good services. They talked like nobody else there..how sad!

Nevertheless, I arrived Kuching save and sound. I'm not going to write about every freaking details of this trip because what I did most of the time are just spending time talking and eating. I didn't expect anything significance out of this trip. The reason I went to Kuching is that I wanted to getaway from Bangkok. I reckon that every now and then we all need to getaway from one place to another in order to seek some peace of mind. Kuching is a perfect place to do that. I spent that precious five days with Joel and Sean and it was awesome. We didn't really do much of tourist things. I think I enjoyed myself talking to them over coffee and tea (hmm..i don't drink coffee but hot chocolate is close enough,right!). The best part for this trip was the Beach Resort in Damai. The beach itself is alright but spending time with your friends are priceless. Since I'm a beach person and don't really mind to have sand all over my body. What I like the most is when we all sat down by the beach and making fun of this group of people who took over 3 hours just taking photo. Two girls with funny poses and one honry camera man..hmmm..dodgy. What's the point of going to the beach and not getting yourself dirty with sand and sea water.sheh!

No photo from this trip because I want to keep everything in my memory. I really treasure every moment there and would not want to share with anyone..selfish huh! Kuching is not an exciting city, it's rather laid-back unlike Bangkok but that's the reason why i was there. Just to getaway from one of the busiest cities in the world, Bangkok. Sick of traffic, greedy people and competiition.

Frankly, despite my moaning on the first day for being in Kuching, I didn't want to leave on my very last day there. No matter it was my first time there but I felt like I've been there before. Thanks Sean and Joel for putting up with me in that 5 days, I really had fun there and wish I could stay there longer just to annoy both of you. Goodbye can never be easy but if it's a good goodbye then it's invaluable. Goood memories, good friends...what more do you want.
............................................................

*P.S. Okay I work at Fata Hotel...how...hahahhahhahhhhaha


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home