Princess of Darkness

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Penne Rigati Carbonara

My first attempt on making carbonara was ages ago and it was a huge failure but that doesn't stop me from pursuing this delicacy. Also, my honey is fond of carbonara dish so I think I might as well give it another go and it turned out great (according to my Jo-ja). So here you go, the recipe of Penne Rigati Carbonara



Serving: 4
Ingredients:
Bacon rashes (amount, it's up to you on how much you can consume this fatty part of porky)
400g Penne Rigati
3 eggs yolks, beaten
1 cup (250ml) cream
40g finely grated parmesan cheese
a pinch of salt
Fresh chives (for sprinkle, optional).

1. cook bacon in small heated frying pan, stirring, until crisp; drain.
2. Just before serving, cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain.
3. Combine pasta in warmed bowl with yolks (in this case I used bain marie technique), cream, salt and cheese; sprinklke with chives and freshly ground black pepper if desired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home