Princess of Darkness

Friday, September 01, 2006

Liquidity


I just got home not long ago and I think I better write all the stuffs now before I forget. As you can see the title which is 'Liquidity' is the name of Bar Restaurant in Christchurch. I went there for a nice dinner with my friend. We got there at 7p.m., we decided to sit outside as the weather wasn't too bad, also we sat near a big torch heater so that was alright but inside the bar looks really nice as well maybe i will go back again but this time I will sit inside.. I had never been to Liquidity before but I heard from people that this place is not that bad plus the review about this restaurant on internet is pretty good. So I decided to try it out.

We started off with cocktails, I had New York Cosmopolitian which is a tois of 42 below vodka, strawberry liqueur and cranberry juice. My friend, Lu had Blended Daiquiri, appricot on a tropical island with a delicious blend of Bacardi and fresh tropical fruit. My drink was fabulous, it's not too soft nor strong. It's very easy to drink. I mean sometimes you get put off by having a first bitter sip but I didn't have that kind of problem at all. Anyway, while we were waiting for our main dishes I had Teriyaki Tuna pieces...this dish is a must try, it's recommended BY ME. Nice teriyaki sauce poured over half cook half rare tuna pieces (dice size..big dice). My mouth is actually watery now...I want to eat it again.

Teriyaki Tuna pieces

I can't remember how long did it take until our main dishes arrived as we were busy talking and enjoying our drinks. I must say the dishes were well presented and could make you go wow. I had sumac dusted Canterbury lamb loin with fried goat's cheese polenta with saffron roast vegetables & mild harissa. Lu had grilled snapper with karengo, pickled cucumber, coriander & toasted buckwheat salad with pomegranate-nam pla dressing. She didn't really like her salad for some reason probably it's because they put buckwheat ..i don't know. On the other hand, I surely enjoyed my lamb loin except grilled garlic. Garlic is not exactly my thing but I don't mind deep fried garlic, i love the smell of it but I woudln't want my breath to smell like garlic.

Lu with her snapper

Tonight was pretty much like another chill out night, our conversation was about friends, love affair (hehehe) and what is going to happen to us once we get older. Sometimes things or objects around you really get you to think about your life and to those people who you love. I know this might make no sense but oh well..that's pretty much of things that we talked over our meal. Okay let's cut this crap, let's go back to the food at liquidity.

It's time for dessert since we already finished our mains. Oh and don't forget that we finished our drinks as
well so time for another round. This time I had Bermuda Triangle, does it sound dangerous and mysterious to you? it surely sounded weird to me when I first saw it. The taste was very impressive, it's nothing like the name. I didn't fall into the bermuda triangle nor feel like i'm in new york (previous drink). I love the smell of these cocktails, smell so fresh and it should be perfume smell rather than cocktail drinks. Anyway, Bermuda Triangle is a complex mix of Bacardi, guava liqueur, banana liqueur, muddled with fresh guava, strawberries and banana. I asked for less alcohol for this drink since I have to drive..no drink driving people. Lu had Yin Yang, muddled strawberries, lime and orange, complemented with Smirnoff blue and strawberry liqueur. I had a sip of her drink and i can assure you...her drink was nothing but prodigious.

Anyhow, we took quite awhile to make up our minds what to have for dessert since there are so many choices and they all sound spectacular. After long thinking I chose milk & white Chocolate Tiramisu with hazelnut brittle and hokey pokey, lu set her mind on warm apple almond tart with cinnamon dried figs, vincotto & vanilla bean cream. I have to say that when our dessert was served, other patrons couldn't keep their eyes off our desserts. Lu let me try her apple almond tart and I must say that it was really nice, very crunchy outside but soft and warm inside. My tiramisu was lovely, good combination of milk and white chocolate, a sponge tiramisu was satisfying.

Tiramisu

I almost forget to mention about the service, a
ll the staffs were lovely and helpful. Full of smiles on their faces which you hardly get here. The only downside of this place is the toilet, it's not that horrible but compare to a nice, modern and voguish design of this restaurant. The toilet is just like a public toilet, I mean they could do better than that. Nevertheless, overall I give this restaurant 8.5/10. Lu and I didn't leave this place until almost 10 p.m we surely had a great time there and we definitely had a great talk. It's good to be with your close friend once in a while, it makes you feel good about yourself and to be with someone who knows you well.

We went
to Sumner beach after that, actually I felt like driving so yeah. We stopped at Starbucks Riccarton for a coffee before I sent her home. I certainly had a nice night and wish I could do it more often with my other friends. So if you're in town, don't miss you chance to try Liquidity on Oxford Terrace or you can visit their website at http://www.liquiditybar.com/

I think I should go wash up and go to bed. *yawn* Have a nice night people and live your life to the max!


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home