Princess of Darkness

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Trip to Thailand Part 3

Date: 21/08/2006

Mom and I had a tight schedule today, firstly we had to go to district office to renew our ID. Actually, I have to renew as mine already expired since 9th of August while mom still has one more day before her expiry date. We left hotel at 8.30a.m., we reached the district office at 9.30a.m. to find out that we can't renew our ID today as it's full. Sucks! We decided to go back again on Wednesday, and this time we will have to get there by 8a.m.

My driver drove me, mom, mom's sister-in-law and mom's friend to the emporium mall. I had an appointment with my dearest friend, Maggy. Mom and her crews just want to check out something at the mall so they followed me. Everywhere we walked, 90% of people wear Yellow shirt/t-shirt. Why? It's easy and simple, because today is Monday (monday = yellow). Actually, not only that, it also because thai people try to show their respects to our mighty King by wearing yellow shirt (why yellow, I really don't know but the official said so). Mom bought me a few yellow t-shirt so I won't be a black sheep among yellow sheep..hehehe

I feel so happy for the king to know that so many people love him, most of us can die for him. It's really rare to find a good King that people can sacrifice their lives for. Anyway, after we had a big lunch at the mall, we took BTS to Siam Paragon (apparently, it's the biggest mall in the southeast asia now). We spent time there around an hour then I had to fled home because mom and I had another appointment.

So tired....and sleepy....
Day 3
22/08/2006

Today is mom's actual birthday. We woke up early to the temple and buy coffins for those people who can't afford it. It's so freaking hot in Thailand, I sweat like hell...yuck.


Dad brought a new puppy home (AGAIN). This time he brought a male cocker spaniel, he's 2 months old and so freaking fat. I called him Yum Yai. Dad always brings puppy home, ,mom hates it but there's nothing she can do because after awhile mom falls in love with them.

I can't remember much about what happend today, oh we went out for dinner at Chinese restaurant with family friends..that's about it I think. Mom got new cellphone for her birthday. Oh I gave her 1000NZD for her birthday (now i'm broke)!

Day 4
23/06/2006

Mom and I rushed to the district office in the morning at 8.10a.m. We got to do our ID today, but we have to come back in the afternoon. We got queue 96 and 97, they only accpet 120 applications each day.

Dad's friends brought food for me and my mom, everytime I go back they always cook me...so nice of them However, they cooked so much I thinkfor we asked people around dad's shop at least 20 people to join us. Even so, we still have lots of left over to take home. Mom and I supposed to go to Karaoke house for dinner (it's semi restaurant semi karaoke), but for some reason we didn't go. So mom, mom's sis-in-law and I headed down to Chinatown. We had way too much food there, then he hit a ride to Khao sarn road to buy clothes. I got a cool sunglasses for only 140 baht (6 NZD). It was so damn fun, we walked around for a bit until we realized that it's almost midnight so we took a cab home.

Pad Thai at Chinatown, costs less than 1 NZD


Day 5:
24/08/2006

I spent most of my morning at IT mall, got heaps of dvd and vcd. Mom and I had an appointment to see some lady who brings the sample of plates, cups..etc. Mom wants to customize all the plates and utensils for our new house.

I had an appointment with dad's clients at Conrade hotel. Food there was marvelous, dad's clients were lovely as well. We didn't talk much about work, mom and I were busy eating...hehehehe. The best part was we had dinner at the exclusive private lounge, so we had our own privacy, we can laugh as loud as we want.

We got home quite late, mom and I were talking until we fell asleep. I'm leaving tomorrow, it's pretty sad for both of us since we are so closed. Oh well...I will see her again in a couple of months.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home