Princess of Darkness

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Trip to Thailand Part 1: Email to Sean

Date: 22/08/06

Hi Kiddy,

I decide to wake up after countless attempts to sleep. I kept waking up every hour...seriously every hour. First I had stomachache and then I felt stuffy so I said to Mammam that I have to wake up and wait until 9 o'clock so I can call my mom. My flight was okay, actually from ChCh to Singapore wasn't that bad. I was sitting next to a middle-age couple, they are lovely and I think they are on 7 weeks holiday and going around Europe. I wish we could do that. I didn't get drunk with Sarah on the plane, but we sat quite close to each other though. I was on row 35 while she was on row 38, too bad we didn't get to talk much because it was a full flight, it's not a good idea to walk around. The food were suck as expected so yeah. I arrived Singapore at 7.35p.m which was the time that I have to board my next plane. Luckily the gates are only 2 doors away from each other so I managed to catch my flight on time (no need to run like a mad woman like those previous years).

I got to sit next to this weird looking boy, it's not exactly sitting next to each other I was on the left aisle and he was in the right aisle seat so there's one free empty middle seat. Anyway, he had this giant headphone on and I assumed that he thinks that he's in 8 Miles movie or he's another form of Eminem or something. I know he tried to look cool or whatsoever but trust me for me this boy is nothing near cool, he's pretty much like a FREAK. First of all, he on his music so loud and I'm very certain that he will turn deaf by the age of 17 *mark my words*. So he decided to ACT along the song, with all those hip-hop hand motions and moves. I tried my very best to ignore him but couldn't help looking at him once in awhile and feel so sorry for his parents and at the same time wonder that do they know that their kid is nothing but freak. For crying out loud, the flight was packed of people but he was very BRAVE with those moves.

So as you could imagine my flight was nothing but miserable. The flight time is 2 hours but I felt like I've been sitting there for at least 1 year. My flight delayed by 15-20 minutes due to the traffic jam (gosh you thought you could avoid this problem on the plane..but you're wrong). The last 20 minutes on this flight, I was ready to kill myself because of the boy next to me and I did nothing but looking at the screen right in front of me with the flight details, seeing my plane made a couple of funny turns (I could have watched ice age (AGAIN) but they took my headset away because we WERE going to land 30 minutes ago).

Anyway I arrived safe and sound. My dad told me that his friend would pick me up outside the gate but I didn't see anyone until I walked to the baggage belt I saw these two guys were walking toward me then I realized that was my dad and his friend. At first, my dad told me that only him and one of mom's friends know that I'm coming back but it turns out more than 5 people know that I'm here. Screw them really because I know some of them are quite big mouth (I don't mean NA Tawan, he's an awesome guy). Mom's party is tonight and I just can't wait to see her. It has been quite awhile since I last saw her. Mom didn't have her birthday party last year due to Grandpa's illness so this year has to be big. According to my dad (who loves exaggerating things...in a positive way), he said roughly around 200 or 300 people will attend this party. Trust me, some of them are just free loaders and maybe they don't even know who my mom is. I'm not being so negative nancy or anything like that but I know these people and usually my prediction is always right.

Three more hours to go and my dad will be here, having breakfast with me then he will off to work (yep, he also works on Sunday..). So I will spend my so called "secret" time with my driver and hopefully won't run to my mom. Dad told me to go buy some clothes..pretty much enjoy myself with his credit card but I think I might try to get a hold of my friends then go have brunch or something. Gosh I can't wait for tonight, I spoke to dad last night about my 'POP OUT' plan but I think he will discuss in details later today over breakfast.

By the way, the hotel is not that bad it's quite nice actually. It's huge and to be honest it's so new. I still can smell paint and I feel so grand..well done choosing this room dad. I wish you could be here with me Sean, then we could go to JJ market and have PadThai at the Chinatown. Five more days then I will be back in Christchurch doing my fine art works, so I better make the most of my holidays in this one week then go back to suffer my usual routine. Actually, it's not that bad back in Christchurch because I know that I always have you next to me.

Catch you up later,
Ploy.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home