Princess of Darkness

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Trip to Thailand Part 2: Mom's birthday

Date: 22/08/06 (P.M.)

The whole purpose of this trip is to surprise my mom on her 50th birthday but one thing I should have realized is "the waiting bit". The party started at 6p.m. but dad didn't let me to go down til 7.30p.m. Sitting and waiting in the hotel room is a pain in the arse especially when you're by yourself. My bro came up to my room with dad's good pal at 7.20p.m. to inform me about the plan, at 7.30 p.m. they put me in the dressing room and wait for the signal from MC.

At 7.40 p.m. the MC annouced that there's a special femal MC (that's me). I walked up on the stage with a bouquet for my mom. Mom didn't realize that it was me on stage until she heard my voice. Her look was priceless, she almost fell down when she saw me... I just stood there and laugh my arse off. Then mom walked up to the stage, her eyes were watery, her mouth kept on saying 'how can you be here, aren't you supposed to be at Hanmer Spring'. *I called her in the morning and told her that I'm going to Hanmer Spring for a night (thanks goodness she forgot her glasses when she was talking to me on the phone or else she would have noticed the phone number).

Mom's birthday party was huge, it was almost 300 guests attended this party. Dad hired at least 5 restaurants and that's not including hotel's buffet. Mom's friend brought all the singers that my mom likes to perform in this party while dad's friends brought comedians and cabaret. Six hours packed off entertainments. That night was magical. Lots of people came to greet my mom on her special day, from politicians, high commissioners until people who work at the market place. It shows that our family don't care who you are, as long as you're good people we'd love to get to know you.

The night was ended with laugh and tears (of joy). 13 hours flight was worth it, to see my mom and my family. To be able to see them laugh, to be part of mom's special day...priceless..even master card can't beat that. hehehehe. I still have one free night at the hotel, so mom and I decided to sleep at the hotel instead of going home, plus we get free breakfast..who can say no for free food...I still have 5 more days to spend in Thailand, I better make the most of it. hehehehe...
Happy Birthday Mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home