Princess of Darkness

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Lunch at Sticky Fingers

Sticky Fingers...what a funny name, it makes me think of sticky rice for some reason. I'm in such a delightful mood today, probably because of the weather and I got to walk around town on such a nice day. Not that many people in town as well...maybe they are all at the beach..don't care!

I told Sean when I picked him up from his house that today I feel like having lunch at some nice cafe or restaurant, so his job is to choose where to go. He chose Sticky Fingers on Oxford Tce as he's been told that the food there is not bad. We picked to sit outside because of the warm sunshine and I already put on heaps of sunscreen...so I'm safe. My first impression for this place was a nice cosy restaurant and friendly staffs.

We both h
ad Sticky Fingers Chocolate milkshake, it tasted like a normal milkshake but it's a bit overpriced ($6.50 per glass). Such a painful price I have to say..oh well we all learn expensive lessons. Anyhow, on the menu there are a variety of dishes to choose from. My eyes were drawn to French Toast when I fist skimmed through their menu, I think I'm a French Toast fanatic. Everytime I go out for brunch or lunch, if I knew that they serve French Toast all day or until 2.30p.m. I just got to have it...it's my illness. Sean was so hungry so he had Canterbury Pizza, I also ordered a bowl of fries ($9) to share. We waited almost 25 minutes til our food arrived, I wouldn't say it's reasonable time by my standard but I wasn't starving or anything so no harm for me (but Sean kept on saying where's his food..hehehehe). My French Toast was delicious, except there's no banana...it's like not a 100% french toast you know! Oh well..I'll live. I love Sean's Canterbury Pizza, they also put cashew nuts and covered them with mozzarella cheese. Yum!

French Toast ($15.50)

Canterbury Pizza ($22.50)

We left the restaurant at 2.19pm with $60 bill, expensive lunch I must say. At least now we know what to order and what not, it's a good experience and to be honest I had such a good time because I hardly get to eat outdoor. I usually eat inside the restaurant. Overall, I like this place but probably will visit once in awhile.

Note: The toilet is clean and I love their wash basins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home