Princess of Darkness

Friday, July 07, 2006

3 years and a half

Last night Sean took me out to one of the nicest restaurants I've ever been, Saggio di vino. Whenever Sean and I drive to town and use Barley Avenue route, I always tell him how desperate i want to try the taste of Saggio di vino. Until last night he took me there by surprise (he probably got sick of me asking him to take me there). The food was fantastic, but the price was so expensive. I loved the atmosphere of the restaurant, services and of course the food. We ususally don't dine to these kind of posh restaurants, yet it was our 3 years and 6 months anniversary. It might sound ridiculous because ususally people celebrate yearly not every 6 months like us. Who cares, you don't know what would happen tomorrow so why not just treasure it now.

We had breads to start off, crunchy crum but soft inside an
d we both loved it. After that our main courses came, I had Maredo Lamb (Rack and braised Shoulder) with crisp polenta, buttered greens and gremolata while Sean had Beef Tenderloin. We also had crisp garden lettuce and tomato salad. It didn't take us long to finish our meals, at first I was going to order desert but by the the time we finished main dishes I called it quit as we were so full. No matter this restaurant is specialized in wine but we didn't sip any of those vinos but instead we had soft drinks. I think all together it cost around 95 dollars which like i've mentioned before..so expensive but compare to the quality of the food, I said it's okay.

Above: Beef Tenderloin. Below: No more food :P

We headed to a movie theatre after the dinner to get tickets for Pirates of the Carribbean Dead man's chest. Nothing much to say about this film as it's to be continued, it was quite funny I must say. Johnny Depp is born to be Captain Jack Sparrow, not much of beautiful Kiera Knightley (i don't really care about Orlando Bloom). However, a guy who was sitting next to me on the left was darn stink and he kept shaking his leg almost the entire time. If he had a Parkinson's disease, that's okay you know but i don't think he has. The movie was quite long actually, I think it was around 150 minutes. I can put up with the shaking thing but the smell....gosh... I would say that last night was pretty much of sweet and sour. After the film I was pretty hungry for some reason. Maybe all my food energy from the previous meals disappeared when I smelt that guy's odor. So we had big suppers at Denny's, it was quite a lot of people there actually considering it was quite late already.

Anyway, when I got home I realised that I had to do laundry. I hit the bed at 4 a.m and didn't wake up until 1p.m. Oh well, at least I had such a impressive night at Saggio di vino, thanks to Sean for putting up with me for 3 years and a half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home