Princess of Darkness

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Welcome to my kitchen Part2

Welcome back to my kitchen Part2. Today's menu is Chicken and cheese sandwich. First of all, let me tell you this...It's ridiculously cold outside and my utmost priority for today is 'not leaving the house' and that's including no dining out as well. Luckily, I found that I still have 2 big pieces of chicken breast and a loaf of Vienna bread which I bought ages ago in my fridge and cheddar cheese from last night so I can enjoy myself in the warm cosy den (with a full blast of gas heater).

In any case, this recipe is really easy make. What you need is 2 chicken breasts (trimmed), 2 table spoons olive oil, salt and cracked black pepper, boiled egg, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 minced black olive, 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese. 6 slices of Vienna bread. It's for 2-3 servings by the way.

Firstly, heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Brush the chicken with oil, sprinkle with salt and p
epper and cook til both sides cooked through. Secondly, add boiled egg, minced black olive with mayonnaise and mix them together in a bowl, then chuck in those thinly slice chickens and stir to combine. Thirdly, spread the chicken mixture over three slices of bread and top with the cheeses and remaining slices of bread. Lastly, place the sandwiches on a baking tray and cook under a preheated oven 200 degree celsius for 5 to 6 minutes or until toasted.

I also added in left over hand-cut chips from last night meal as well. It doesn't take long to cook
at all. It's pretty easy and less mess than the cooking that I did last night. Even though, it less mess and easier to cook and the name of the dish is nowhere near posh but the taste is fabulous. It tastes like those food from gourmet restaurants excpet this dish is much cheaper and you can do it at home. Trust me, if I can do it you also can do it. I'm one of the nightmare cooks alive. Therefore, before you go eat out or getting takeaway, look inside your fridge first if there's some remaining left over that you can cook or use...do it. You can save a few bucks and it's a nice way to clean up your fridge as well.

Odd spot: Mageirocophobia is the intense fear of having to cook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home