Princess of Darkness

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Cooking time

I went to supermarket the other night for grocery shopping, actually it only took me 15 minutes to get all the stuffs that I want. However, it took me almost half an hour at the magazine aisle. You know how people love to read 'free' magazines, you can flip and read through every page without getting told off by the supermaket's staffs. I love it (gosh..i'm so cheap huh!). Anyway, this time I was a good customer I actually bought a magazine. It took me quite awhile to decide which magazines should i get between New Idea or Donna Hay. I was like "hmm...do I want to know more about Kristy Ally's yoyo diet in New Idea or 90+ easy recipes in Donna Hay". I meant they both are quite similar in terms of food and fatening. Anyhow, Donna Hay won since I finished reading a New idea magazine while I was making a decision.

Lots and lots of recipe in this magazine, I'm not kidding but most of them are not eas
y to cook. I always get dizzy when I have to read through ingredient part. I know there are quite a few kinds of sugar but I never knew that there are 6 kinds of them : icing (I know that), brown, caster (I also know those two), demerara, dark brown (why on earth do you need dark brown when you already have brown), and granulated. What on earth is that....

I'd love to host a formal party at my house but I kinda doubt it though because trust me it's going to be a huge job and more importantly, I hate cleaning up. I do have dish washer but I prefer handwash (don't ask me why). Anyway, this week I'm planning to cook hand-cut chips with aioli for an entre then cheese and olive crumbled chicken with tomatoes and green beans for the main course and finishing off with chocolate brownie cakes. Oh Oh...I've almost forgotten about soup...hahahaha..chicken can soup is a perfect choice. I don't really care about the soup.

I still don't know when I'm going to get my hands on it though. Considering I still have to study for my other exam. You could say that this sudden idea of cooking is one part of my procrastinatory ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home