Princess of Darkness

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Thailand in crisis

This morning at 4a.m. I heard my cellphone was ringing so loud (darn me..set the ringtone on high volume), I couldn't recognise the phone number but found out later that it was my friend. He called up from Thailand to let me know that now the military is taking over Bangkok...oh my gosh..military coup in Thailand. I just can't believe it, i mean I wasn't surprised about this incident as there was a rumour about it for quite awhile but I just can't believe that they're doing it at night time and when the Prime Minister is not in the country.

Same thing was happend 15 years ago, bloodless coup. So it's nothing new to Thai people really.. Yet, the whole thing makes me wonder how mess up can Thailand be. I love my country and it's painful when this sort of things happen. It's so unfair to our beloved King, he has done so much for us, Thai people but look what we're doing..we're doing nothing but divided among each other. It sucks...

It took me almost an hour to get a hold of my family in Thailand. I assumed that the telecommunication in Thailand was overloaded as we all try to reach our families. My parents are fine and so my brother..thanks goodness. I was so scared and worried that some people might take the advantage of this uncertain situation to commit crimes. Lastly, I'm not on anyone side. I don't care that Taksin (Prime Minister) or Sonthi (Coup leader) will rule the government, all I care is peace in Thailand and finding the most harmless way to solve everything. I know both sides, military and P.M have tried to find the compromise..but obviously it's not good enough.

God bless Thailand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home