Princess of Darkness

Friday, October 20, 2006

The devil wears Prada

I finally got to see my works up on the wall. I don't want to make it sounds so vain but damn..those works look real good on the wall. I will upload the photos that I took on Monday later then you can make up your mind that you agree with me or not. I've been doing lots of study in a couple of days, it took me two full days to finish three pages pack of questions. I still have a bit of time to study but it's just the matter that I will do it or not.

I went to watch movie today, I'm sure you can figure it out what movie. When I first saw the previe
w I thought that it's going to be another corny film but hey I was wrong...I loved it,eh! Meryl Streep is fabulous in this film, she's my idol now. Her character, Miranda Priestly is very arrogant, snobbish but very superior at the same time. It's a good attitude to have in the business world I reckon. I love those clothes and accessories that improvised in this movie but I wouldn't want to own them or wear them in the real world. I admit that I love high heels but not as high and as thin like in the film. It's a bit unnatural and looks very uncomfortable. I'd love to be in those heels but not walking around New York city in them. You might get stuck in potholes, who knows. So it's a no no for me.

Also, another thing to point out in this film is the brands. I know the title is including the well-known Prada but Channel and Hermes played the major roles in this film. I only felt "Prada" when Miranda Priestly carried her silver Prada bag when she first appeared (maybe there's more of Prada which I'm sure there are and sorry for being so ignorant). There are many other brands appeared in this film but not as many as those brands which I metioned before. However, even my boyfriend who has a little bit of knowledges in brand-name products said that he saw a lot of channel ( of course how could he go wrong with Channel when there are heaps of black bag with the word "Channel" on them all over the screen) when it shoul
d be more of Prada.

Nevertheless, I don't think I should make a big fuss about it since the whole movie is all about fashion industries and Prada is not the only brand in the fashion world. Also, I got to see tons of nice clothes and ideas of how to mix and match my clothes. Overall, this film is good and I don't mind watching it again. So it's 8/10.

That's all...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home